Re: Fender install (was Just when you blah blah)

To: "john peloquin" <peloquin@galaxy.ucr.edu>
Subject: Re: Fender install (was Just when you blah blah)
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 19:20:47 -0600
Hahaa, John! As a Germophile and married to a German...if they get
offended...so what?;) And yes...I want a 911 some day! (next to my MG, of
course)
In fact, Dr. Ferry Porsche was a very important engineer for the Germans
during WW2.
One of the prototypes for the infamous Tiger I tank was designed by Porsche.
The sports car (356 type) was designed prior to WW2, I believe, as well, but
took a back door to stuff with tracks and guns -- unquestionably the best
stuff on the battlefield -- just outnumbered (and on the wrong side too).
I test drove a 99 Passat the other day (for MOM, ahem)....very nice! That
Tiptronic is something else...kinda weird though -- a 'smart' transmission.
And the 99 Jetta VR6 looks tempting too!
Dan
73 B