OT - for our UK listers only

To: <mgs@triumph.cs.utah.edu>
Subject: OT - for our UK listers only
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 13:45:21 -0800
Here's hoping one of our UK Listers might be able to help me........

Background: My wife & I left England in 1964, subsequently having two kids.
My father-in-law bought them some Premium Bonds in the late sixties. He died
in 1979, my mother-in-law is still living but has now had to be placed in a
care facility. In sorting through some of her stuff which was sent to us, my
wife found a list of the Premium Bond numbers (but no bonds).

Question: Does the Premium Bond program still exist? Is there a way to find
out whether these numbers relate to Bonds that might still be in existence -
and, hopefully, still have some value?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Lawrie Alexander