Re: "Crack of Doom"

To: dresden@tiac.net
Subject: Re: "Crack of Doom"
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 21:39:40 -0500
dresden@tiac.net wrote:
> AH HA! After reading Trevor's description, I think I may actually HAVE the
> crack of doom, though to me, the fix described doesn't seem all that
> difficult, so I don't see why such an appellation is affixed to the
> problem.

  Well, the fix involved is not difficult, but requires
welding and painting. There are no satisfactory quick
fixes that don't require bodywork. As well, it LOOKS like
you could just weld up the crack in one bead, but if
you do, it comes back.

  So you really do have to make
the area look worse before you can make it look
better. ;>

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca