RE: Tyre profiles (was re: Bushings & Sway Bar)

To: <MGs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Tyre profiles (was re: Bushings & Sway Bar)
From: "Andrew Errington" <ame@synaptics.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 11:21:51 -0800
Hi,

I am running Yokohama A509 185/60R14 on mine.  I have Dayton 14x5" chrome
wheels with 72 stainless steel spokes.  No rubbing, but I have calculated
that the car is about 10mm lower than nominal.

I haven't dared throw the car around too much as I still have a bit of work
on the steering and front suspension, but the times where I have had to
manoeuvre (and just when I felt like it) it felt very stable.  These
particular tyres (the A509) were recommended to me by a friend who races
Mia*as, and the 185/60 were the closest I could get to the nominal diameter
(185/70 would be better but Yokohama don't make A509's like that).

Andy
--
'69 Bag of spanners