Adaptor Base/Top load.

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Adaptor Base/Top load.
From: "Dennis Berman" <dberman@nortelnetworks.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 12:55:54 -0600
Howdy all!

Just a few quick words and a question.

I think I've learned more about cars in the 2 years
I've owned my little Tuna ('77 MGB) than in the
previous 35 years of owning some 20 other types...
She may be a bottomless pit of needs & wants, but
I don't mind a bit!

This list has provided me with excellent advice,
not always on target, but "arm-chair" Mechanic'ing
aint easy. So, thanks to ALL!

Now, I have an interesting (and rare) problem that
I would like to burn into your memory cells:

Recently, while doing the bi-monthly oil change, I
somehow managed to strip the oil filter base adaptor.
Okay, call me stupid! But I didn't strip the entire
threads... just the first inch or so. Take care!

This leads me to the question:

Has anyone ever had to replace the Adaptor base?
How easy is it?  It looks very simple, but I
tend not to believe everything I see...

New adaptors only cost about 100 bucks. I'll
order it from Moss soon.

Next:

   Originality Vs. Functionality

   I drive Tuna every day! So I think its
   clear what side I'm on. What's your stand?

And finally, Should I disconnect that drive shaft, or what?
Chaos, panic, & disorder -- my work here is done.

--
Regards,

Dennis (Bermy, also in Dallas)

'77 MGB (Tuna)