MGA brake pistons

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGA brake pistons
From: Bill Eastman <william.eastman@medtronic.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 13:26:03 -0600
I don't know about the other questions.  But it sounds like your disk brake
pistons are shot.  The original A pistons are quite expensive but almost
everyone replaces them with B pistons which are quite reasonable.  You have
to remove the small stud at the bottom of the A caliper bore but otherwise
it should be a direct fit.  This is from memory on so if anyone remembers
better than I feel free to pitch in but the basics are correct.  Buy MGB
pistons and pull the dowels at the bottom of the bore.  The dowel worked
with the original piston to help retract the brakes but the seals and
runout take care of that well enough.

Regards,
Bill Eastman
61 MGA