Re: 70 MGB GT - Speedo Cable (again) -Reply -Reply -Reply

To: williem@mindspring.com
Subject: Re: 70 MGB GT - Speedo Cable (again) -Reply -Reply -Reply
From: "Gary Davis" <6GPRO.GDAVIS@ibr6gw82.gp.usbr.gov>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 08:07:13 -0700
Bill,

I promised last time would be my last question, but your latest response raised
another issue.  My cable enters the firewall at the master cyclinder and snakes
behind the tach, etc.  Do you know which route is original?

Where do you enter the firewall on the passenger side?

Thanks again - Gary

>>> <williem@mindspring.com> 01/14 7:03 pm >>>
Not a problem.  I mean curve in terms of a wide bend.  the cable come from
passenger side footwell across behind the radio console, the old cable would
then go straight in to the side of the speedo into the right angle drive.
The longer cable without the right angle drive will come into the rear of
the speedo at 90 degrees to the dash, thus it must make a curve from the
back of the radio console to come in the rear of the speedo.  It will be
apparent when you get under the dash.  You can of course continue to use the
right angle drives even with the longer cable, you'll just have some extra
cable to deal with.  With luck you will obtain an overdrive tranny at some
point, they are really nice.  Doin' 60 at 2,600 rpm.

Bill