Re: MY CLASSIC CAR

To: "Proudfoot, Andrew" <proudfa@NAVCANADA.CA>
Subject: Re: MY CLASSIC CAR
From: Rick Brown <mgrick@ptd.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 18:35:33 -0500
Proudfoot, Andrew wrote:

> Yep, me too!!!!! I couldn't record it cause I am at work but shall
> manage to record another showing. Great to see all those LBC's in one
> place. As I have mentioned in the past I have never attended an  LBC
> Show cause there just aren't enough cars for one in my neck of the
> woods. Now I am even more envious!!!! So find a new job, new job for the
> wife, uproot the kids, sell the house and move west!!!!! To bad it's not
> that easy. Congrats to all that were on TV or who's cars were. Some fine
> looking auto's there. Didn't see any list hats!! Going to have to
> arrange a trip one of these days!!!!!!!!!!!!
> Thanks again guys (& gals) for the help and guidance.
> Best Wishes & Safety Fast
> Andy Proudfoot 77B
> Gander, Newfoundland
>  ----------
> From: drded@ix.netcom.com
> To: mgs@autox.team.net
> Subject: MY CLASSIC CAR
> Date: Saturday, January 16, 1999 3:13PM
>
> Just viewed the program but to my dismay was unable to record since my
> VCRs are not "Cable ready".
> Adam's 72 B's bootlid w/ British flag paint job was featured in the the
> opening minute and I think
> I saw my BRG 75 B in a shot as well. Was nice seeing Richard Liddick,
> Rick Ingram and Robin
> Weatherall in short interviews. Really makes me look forward to show
> season starting up again. Got
> to make some calls and get someone to record the rebroadcast tomorrow.
>
> Safety Fast,
> David Deutsch

Well in MHO i dont think they spent enough time showing the cars - they
could have spent less time on the T's and showing that Austin Healey
twice! was a little bit much. I was surprised they had no shots of the
hotel parking lot - they certainly spent enought time there filming -
guess the sight of all the drunken MGers was too much for TNN! :)

Adam Deutsch's car certainly stood out and looked great!
Agree with Richard that it was good seeing Richard Liddick , Joe
Clark and Robin Weatherall - also got a glimse of Terry Allen in the
concours section.  No list hats were noted :( Guess ill look at the
tape a few times see if i spot anything else.

Cheers

Rick

<http://home.ptd.net/~mgrick/council.htm>