Re: MGA 1962 1600 MK II - More Brakes

To: prsmith@navnet.net
Subject: Re: MGA 1962 1600 MK II - More Brakes
From: Jethogger@aol.com
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 08:53:50 EST
Hello Preston.  Did not see your last post.  MGA brake upgrades.  On the rear.
If you have access to a MGB rear end.  You can mount the backing plate of rear
brakes of a MGB to MGA.  A Banjo B rear works best.  You may ask Why?
Money and stopping power.  You will be able to use MGB brake shoes (much
cheaper and easy to find.) The wheel cylinder pushes on both shoes.  (More
stoping power.) You must also use the rear brake lines from the MGB rear.  I
have done this conversion before on MK II.  Look at the cost of A to B rear
wheel cylinders and brake shoes.  On the front I can get you Stainless steel
piston for $18.50 each.  In A or B pistons plus shipping.  You can turn your
rotor. With or without hub.  Also your rear MGA shoes can be relined here in
Chattanooga.  Have had TR-3 done here.
On the pistons.  It will take me to the end of the week to recieve them.  I
have a order in now.  I think VB has MGB calipair pistons on sale for $10
each.
John Rossi  Flintstone, GA