Re: Unusual topic for January (in the northern hemisphere)-Reply

To: <RJohn50603@aol.com>, <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Unusual topic for January (in the northern hemisphere)-Reply
From: "Scotty" <scotty@dove.net.au>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 10:15:24 +0930
On Monday, 18 January R. Johnson asked

> "You can do it an MG"
>
>I had forgotten about that advertising slogan... pretty racy for its day.
>Anyone know what year(s) that was?
>
>R. Johnson - Dallas

Autocar, W/E 6th July 1974.

'You can do it in an MG'
by Jilly cooper.

Sports cars - Love'em or hate'em, you can't ignore'em.
A delight to debs, a menace to maiden aunts, policemen and traffic wardens.A
symbol of freedom to some, of rebellion to others. Symbol of all sorts of
things to psychologists - the sports car remains something of an enigma.
What does Jilly Cooper think?

* An article follows, in which Jilly 'fesses' up. Sensitive readers are
advised to read no further. =8^O

Jilly tells it like this,

And when one doesn't have a flat { apartment? } a car is the only private
place you can go to neck - particularly in winter. I was kissed for the
first time in a yellow MG called Piglet with a strap around the bonnet. I
was wearing a dress without straps, which got lower and lower until dawn and
the milkman sent me scuttling in confusion to my digs.

Wah-Hoooo,

Scotty,
Adelaide,Australia. { who notes that 'Eric" has a Yellow MGB ??? }