Re: radio replacement

To: Bill Saidel <saidel@crab.rutgers.edu>
Subject: Re: radio replacement
From: Mark Rayborn <mrayborn@merlin.ebicom.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 11:39:38 -0600
Bill,

Your old radio probably completed the power circuit through its mounting
hardware (chassis ground). You will essentially be doing the same thing when
you connect the negative wire of your new stereo to any convenient bolt.
(screws tend to loosen causing poor connections). Most new stereos have
isolated speaker outputs and the speaker wires MUST NOT be grounded to the car.

Regards,
Mark in MS