piston dish types - it's not a dish!

To: "MG Nuts" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: piston dish types - it's not a dish!
From: "Paul Tegler " <wizardz@amdyne.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 11:44:45 -0500
I recently asked about piston dish types
mine don't have a dish at all- they have two divets as if
clearanced for valves entering at an angle
Just looking through the Moss catalog I noticed they have
1950cc pistons that have this same type of 'gouge' in the
 tops of the pistons (catalog  dated Oct 5 1998 Edition MGB #10
on page 89 Special tuning section)
How could I verify what size piston is in this engine without pulling the
head?
Do any other pistons have this style divet?

Paul Tegler
Twin 73' MGB GTs YB and OB
YB born 8/72 (Primrose Yellow) Yellow BGT
OB born 1/73 (Blase Red) Orange BGT
email: wizardz@amdyne.net
http://www.amdyne.net/~ptegler/mgmain.htm