RE: piston dish types - it's not a dish!

To: Paul Tegler <wizardz@amdyne.net>
Subject: RE: piston dish types - it's not a dish!
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 10:29:04 -0800
Paul:

        What you are describing does sound like the AE 2.0L conversion
piston.  The original application was Lotus and the divets are to clear the
valves in that application.  I do not know of any way of verifying this
without pulling the head to check the bore size.
        Actually one comes to mind now.  This piston has a lower pin height.
The piston will not rise as high in the bore as a stock piston.  You might
be able to check for this.

Kelvin.