Re: A Bigger Pair?

To: xyzabcde@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: A Bigger Pair?
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 18:48:01 EST
In a message dated 20/01/99 12:50:17 PM Pacific Standard Time,
xyzabcde@earthlink.net writes:

<< Awright, where do I get one or both of these T-shirts? >>

They are actually Special tuning parts with their own part numbers and
everything. I ordered them when I knew that stuff was going to start getting
scarce (along with the new set of close ration, all synchro _straight cut_
gears from the factory MGC racing program! - still in the box on the shelf).

I imagine that there are copyright issues involved (sorry, once a lawyer,
always a lawyer) but  that aside, perhaps we could interest someone like Moss
(Lawrie are you there?) in reproducing them.

I suppose I could try having them copied locally. I did a couple of other Tee
shirts for racing, one with the sectioned Twincam factory photo on one side,
and on the other "Real MGs have 2 Cams!"  I also took a rather nice photo of
the rear of my car as it drifted through a corner at SIR, and put it on a
shirt, with the caption "What Porsches See"
I get a lot of mileage out of that one with my Teutonically inclined friends.

Sad to say, they did not have the 'pair' in question depicted on the factory
shirt, although I'm sure you could get a picture of a couple of SUs (or
whatever else you want) to put on them. Personally, I just think that they are
neat as a bit of MG history.

Bill