Re: MGB piston/con rod installation??

To: Rikrock@aol.com
Subject: Re: MGB piston/con rod installation??
From: ccrobins <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 13:20:20 -0600
Usually the arrow points towards the front.  However, this isn't
sacred, I've seen pistons that went the other way.  If a mfr wants to
point it towards the rear and makes it clear to the assembler, OK.  Got
to assume the short-block assembler knew what he was doing.

  There's an oil squirt hole in the con-rod.  It must face towards the
correct side of the engine.  So you can't turn the whole assembly
around.  Unless I knew for sure that it was incorrectly assembled, I'd
put it back together the way it was.

  CR