RE: MGB piston/con rod installation??

To: "'Rikrock@aol.com'" <Rikrock@aol.com>,
Subject: RE: MGB piston/con rod installation??
From: "Kulka, Matt" <Matt.Kulka@hboc.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 15:02:55 -0500
Let me disclaim that I have no real knowledge in the way of offset wrist
pins.

It's just that I was wondering to myself *why* you'd offset the pin.  I
could only imagine that you'd want the connecting rod in its most vertical
position on the power stroke.  (To minimize cylinder wear and con rod flex,
right?)  So in our MG's the piston pin would be offset towards the manifold
side, not the distributor side.  This bears up in that Rich's friend's
pistons are offset the other way, and the arrow on the one piston points
towards the back, which is unusual.

Would any of you seasoned racers care to educate me?

As always, thanks.

Matt Kulka
Huntersville, NC
'74 B