Re: Differential drain plug tool

To: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>, "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Differential drain plug tool
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 18:57:47 -0500
Bud Krueger wrote:

> Help, please,
>
>        I've seen reference to a helpful hint on how to make tool for removing
> the differential drain and fill pugs on the B.  Does anyone recall where
>that's
> located.  I think it starts out with a 5/8 in. bolt.  Thanks.

  Probably the easiest way to make one is to buy a cheap
socket adapter, on that attaches to a 3/8th inch socket and
gives a 1/2 inch drive. Cheapies are like $1 in chain stores.

  Taper the 1/2 inch square drive with a grindstone until
it fits securely in the drain plug. Then use it on your
ratchet to do the work.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca