RE: Valve cover question

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Valve cover question
From: "Andrew Errington" <ame@synaptics.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 15:33:23 -0800
> VB has a sale on aluminium valve covers and i thought i would splurge for
> one for the 69 ( 5 main block, 72-74 head, no emissions equipment at all)
> This needs a vented cover
> George M is always good at beating VB prices with Moss but apparently
> Moss dont carry a vented cover - only non-vented

NW Imports carry an aluminium valve cover which "comes with a vented cap"
for $65

I have one and jolly nice it looks too.  It also came with a pair of rubber
seals and cup washers for the fixing studs.

One disadvantage of this style of cover is that it does not have a groove to
retain the gasket, like the standard cover, so you have to make sure the
gasket is correctly aligned before clamping down.  Once you have torqued
down the nuts it stays in place.

Andy