Re: Steering wheel for a B

To: eaz@snet.net
Subject: Re: Steering wheel for a B
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 21:19:55 EST
On Fri, 22 Jan 1999 07:35:18 -0800 Eric Zambori <eaz@snet.net> writes:
>I bought a 14" Steering Wheel from Brit-Tek about 8 years ago.  It is
>made by Mountney.  I thinks it's the same one that is listed in the
>Victoria British catalog.  In my current Brit-Tek Flyer, the leather
>rimmed with polished spokes wheel is 139.55 and the wood rimmed wheel
>is
>195.95.  Mine didn't come with an MG horn button it says Mountney in
>the
>center.  If an MG version is available, let me know.

A couple of years ago i piccked up a wood rimmed 14" wheel at a swap meet
for a few bucks - nice wheel, made by Grant and in good shape - the only
drawback was that the centre boss had a nasty plastic horn push with a
large "GT" on it.
This is easily solved with a drill and an MGA enamel grille badge - looks
sharp
It now graces the 69

mike robson
69 roadster