A funny rain story

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: A funny rain story
From: Karl Shultz <karl.shultz@ibm.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 10:44:13 -0500
Last night I had my all-time, inexplicable "Lucas freakshow," and
thought you guys would appreciate this.

I'd been out in my '73 B pretty much all day, as the weather was an
uncharacteristically nice 70 degrees here in North Carolina yesterday.
The car has the original horns, and the high-note horn did not
work...this will become important later.

Finally at about 8PM, it started to rain...then it started to really
pour.  So I pulled into the next gas station and put the top back up,
without getting *too* wet.  So I'm driving the last ten or so miles
home, and...the horn starts blowing!  Both of them!  I pulled the horn
button off the steering wheel...no luck.  It just kept on, basically
until I got about a mile from my apartment, and it stopped.  And this
morning, I went outside to check and see if the horn worked at all...and
both of them work now.  No loose connections...nothing.

I've had cars in the past that would develop strange noises, and then
the noise would just disappear, never to be heard again.  But I've never
had a Lucas problem "fix itself" until last night.

--
Karl Shultz   ||   karl.shultz@ibm.net