RE: Dumb but understandable mistake (emission control equipped B's)

To: "Bill Saidel" <saidel@crab.rutgers.edu>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Dumb but understandable mistake (emission control equipped B's)
From: "Lawrence Alexander" <lawrence@britcars.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 08:32:11 -0800
Bill.............

Your problem arises from your statement that "the right hand bolt hole of
part 19 acts as a spacer in the generator mounting bracket".

Actually, the bracket mounts under two of the water pump mounting bolts.
There were a few differences in this design over the years (which is why
there are more than one water pumps listed for smog-control-equipped MGBs).
If your bracket does not easily fit up to your water pump, perhaps you
bought the wrong one.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center