Re: Lucas Sport Coil on 1980 MGB

To: "Carl Elliott" <grunt2@adelphia.net>, "Steve Shoyer" <steve@shoyer.com>
Subject: Re: Lucas Sport Coil on 1980 MGB
From: "wizardz" <wizardz@amdyne.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 13:09:07 -0500
The 40KV sports coil works perfectly with electronic ignition
your problem witht the late model is you probably
didn't remove the ballast resisitor that's in line with your coil
The Lucas sports coil has built in resistance to compensate for it.
Bothe the XR700 and the Pertronix(SP?) units both work great
with the gold Coil.