Re: HS4 -- AUD136

To: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Subject: Re: HS4 -- AUD136
From: Chuck Schaefer <crschaef@mc.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 14:44:21 -0600

David Councill wrote:

> My Haynes Manual on SU carbs says the AUD136 was used on the 64 and 67/68
> Midget.
>
> For the 70-71BGT, AUD405 for the 70/71 and the 71 also used the AUD465
> (which is what mine uses).
>
> David
> 71 BGT

David,

I stand corrected on the MGB. Although I was correct, I wasn't completely
correct. I looked futher and the numbers you list show up for USA market
vehicles
which I overlooked. Where applicable, my book lists differences for USA Canada
ECE or Sweden which I had not noticed.

The differences between the AUD405 and the AUD325 are needles, needle
guide,needle screw, jet,float,throttle spindle,throttle disk and gasket pack.

The differences between the AUD405 and AUD465 is just the needle.

I also agree that the AUD136 was also used for the 64 midget as well as the
67/68. I guess I was too quick on the trigger.

Chuck