Re: Rebuilding Suspension...

To: "Skye Poier" <skye@ffwd.bc.ca>, "MG Nuts" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rebuilding Suspension...
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 07:41:17 -0800
A) The only thing holding the bolt is corrosion. Hit it harder!

B) The shims are the result of some previous owner's having taken the car to
an alignment shop where an "expert" mistakenly thought the alignment should
be adjusted by fitting shims under the shock. (This is how American cars'
alignment is often adjusted.) The fact that he thought the alignment needed
adjusting suggests something may be out of whack, however. While you're
working on the front end, have a very close look at the lower control arm
pivots to make sure they are not bent.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center