Re: Timing tricks

To: "William Eastman" <william.eastman@medtronic.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Timing tricks
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 19:53:23 -0000
I always used to use a vacuum gauge to adjust the timing in the 70s, and
recently rediscovered it and redid the B.  You advance the ignition till the
needle just starts to flick (misfire) then back it off 3/4 of a degree.
Takes account of the actual conditions of your engine instead of the
summation of all possible worst cases that Bill mentions.  Made a
significant difference to the performance and economy, and no pinking.

PaulH.