Re: Coming of Age

To: xyzabcde@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: Coming of Age
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 21:45:45
At 01:26 AM 1/27/99 +0000, Denise Thorpe <xyzabcde@earthlink.net> wrote:
>.... The project '67 B shows 24K on the clock, but I don't know if that's
24K or 124K. ....

>It was last registered in '79 .... the brake master cylinder .... (pivot
pin replaced with a bolt), .... The hole in the top of the clutch pedal was
badly out of round. .... The brass bushing in the bottom pivot of the
kingpin had lost about half of the depth of the grease grooves ....
>.... Would someone really park a 12 year old car with only 24K on it?  Or
is the slight wear consistent with 124K?

Driven for 12 years?  IMHO, probably 124K.  Items noted above sound like
way too much wear for 24K.  When I restored my MGA (with maybe 150K mines
on it), the pedal clevis pin holes needed welding and re-drilling.  They
may need it again soon, but it has gone another 130K miles with only a
change of clevis pins.

$.02,

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude