Engine rebuild - Dissy Part needed

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Engine rebuild - Dissy Part needed
From: Chris and Jodi Barnhart <barnhart@geneseo.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 21:41:45 -0600
Hi all,

Began the engine teardown today.  Things went smoothly until I began
removing the distributor drive.  First the flathead screw holding the
distributor mount housing refused to budge.  After much grunting and
cursing I gave up and drilled the dang thing out. A few turns of the
easy-out had the screw removed.  Feeling rather good about that, I
started to remove the distributor mount housing. Whaddayaknow! (not
exact words), the flange separated and broke into four pieces as I
removed the housing. To add insult to injury it appears this item is one
of the few engine parts you can't buy new.  Moss lists a part number
(460-300) but it's not in the price list - apparently it's unavailable.

Does anyone have a spare Dissy mount housing they can sell me? Engine is
a 18V883AEL and its a 25D dissy. BTW, I plan to go to the Chigago
Autojumble on the 28th if anyone in the area cares to bring the part
along.

Chris Barnhart
'69B NMCS
Geneseo, IL