Re: Matchbox MGF

To: "mg s" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Matchbox MGF
From: "Mike Lishego" <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 03:33:53 -0500
I too had been seeking the elusive MGF before today too.  A friend
who worked at Wal-Mart told me that a lot of their toy shipments
come in on Fridays and Saturdays.  I went out this afternoon,
(despite my better judgements - Wal-Mart on Saturday?  It's crazy!),
and found three of the little buggers.  I intended on buying the
store's whole stock, but since the had only three, well, I bought
'em all anyway.

I'm keeping two original (one in the package, and one out so I can
play and make 'vrooom' noises), but I want to do a custom paint job
on the other.  I know someone on the list had mentioned doing this,
if you would please e-mail me privately I'd like to ask you about
your technique.

Can anyone tell me if this is the first MG car that either Hotwheels
or Matchbox has produced in the United States?  I'm pretty sure I
remember seeing a MG made by Matchbox that sold in the UK, but I
wasn't sure about the US.  How neat would it be if it was the first
MG car made by either company for sale stateside?

Michael S. Lishego
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/3706/