RE: temperature sending unit

To: "'Bill Saidel'" <saidel@crab.rutgers.edu>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: temperature sending unit
From: Hans Duinhoven <H.Duinhoven@simac.nl>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 15:39:24 +0100
Bill,

Try @ 1st not to remove, but to fix.
The spade connector is riveted to the sender.
The electrical connection between the spade and the internal sender (rivet)
tends to show bad contact due to dirt contamination.
Try to clean it with cleaning solvent and afterwards hammer the rivet.
Test the meter circuit by TEMPORARELY shorten the wire which normally is
connected to the sender to ground. The meter should move quickly.

Good luck!

Cheers, Hans

'71 MGBGT