Re: Strange Noise

To: Neil_Oldfield@nag.national.com.au, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Strange Noise
From: Mgbbob@aol.com
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 21:56:49 EST
I think you're right, Neil,
I have a '66 B and the banjo axle has radial ball bearings at the half shafts.
These bearings howl and grind and make an awful racket when they go.
If the outer bearing is gone, you'll have to remove the half shaft to get at
the bearing. If the inner bearing is gone (at the diff) you'll need to remove
the differential to get at it. You'll probably need to remove the rear end.
I hope this helps......you'd better get yourself a Bentley's to help with the
disasembly.
Bob