Toy MGB GTs

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Toy MGB GTs
From: KGROWLER@aol.com
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 09:22:08 EST
Just to interject into the toy MGB GT discussion. The two GTs I know of were
the late 60's Corgi - Opening tailgate and doors, came with a plastic suitcase
to go in the back that's often gone missing, and jewel headlights. The one I
have is a dark maroon approaching MG engine maroon. And the late 80's Dinky -
it's the more misproportioned one - too narrow and the rear window extends too
low into the tailgate. It also appeared as a V8 and there was a version with a
sunroof. I think Matchbox owned the Dinky name by then so perhaps it was sold
in other markets as a Matchbox. The orange versions still show up here and
there, I think Phil Cooke at Triple C still has new ones.

Kim Tonry
Downers Grove, Illinois USA