Re: Rebuilt Engine, No Oil Pressure

To: Graham Haber <graham@haber.net>
Subject: Re: Rebuilt Engine, No Oil Pressure
From: Jeff Fayne <fayne@ibm.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 09:55:12 -0600

Graham Haber wrote:

>  I thought about installing the new oil pump wrong but I think it only
> goes in one way.

I had the same problem when I rebuilt my engine. In my haste, I chose the
wrong oil pump->block gasket (apparently the 3-main one) from the gasket
kit. This caused the pump to fail to seal against the block (gap between the
pump housing as the block). Hence no oil pressure.

Unfortunately, the only way to confirm if you repeated my error is to drop
the pan. The front bolts are the hardest, fortunately I used new bolts here
and once loosened the could be removed by hand.

Good luck and keep us posted,

Jeff