PC, and thanks

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: PC, and thanks
From: Kevin Rarick <krarick@Oceania.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 15:07:32 -0800
"Polarity Conscious" - I want to ensure I connect power correctly to my
newly installed SU fuel pump.

First, I'd like to express my most sincere thanks to the excellent quality
of help I get from the contributors of this list in guiding me to replace
the entire fuel line system on my 67B from tank to carbs including fuel
pump. I've heard others express their gratitude in the past and I wanted to
ensure that the folks who gave me excellent advise all along the way know
that I couldn't have completed my project without them. I truly don't know
what you all do for a living that provides you the luxury of being able to
work on your cars, seemingly all day, and respond to list postings so
promptly. I hope someday I'll have the knowledge and *time* to be so
responsive on this list :) Thanks to Charlie Robinson, Larry Unger, Yves
Dussault, and Nina for their patience, time, good humor, and skill.

OK, down to business :) The remaining step is for me to connect the power to
the fuel pump. I'm a bit leery about this as I don't want to ruin the pump
right off by improperly connecting the power. Also, I haven't been able to
find any specific directions for doing this. My car has a single 12v battery
and I haven't traced the cables yet to determine if it's positive or
negative ground. I remember a fair amount of discussion a month back around
this topic but I wasn't paying attention at the time. Oops. Of course I want
to be aware of the pitfalls, gotcha's, make-sures, dont-forget's, etc. Any
guidance for this procedure will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Kevin.