Re: Stuff in cylinder...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stuff in cylinder...
From: dresden@tiac.net
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 1999 16:05:54 -0500 (EST)
>Oh, as a followup to my other post about cheap tools, does anyone know
>of a way to find out if that wrench piece is in a cylinder without
>pulling the head?
>
>-dave-
>"dreading head removal, for no good reason"

I wouldn't remove the head. Use a long flexible magnet (like the
telescoping ones on the counter at most auto parts stores) and fish around
for it thoroughly in each cylinder. If you come up with nothing, try
turning the engine over with the starter, with the coil lead detached, and
listen for any odd metallic noises. If it passes both these tests, just let
'er rip. IMHO, the very, very slight chance that it went into a plug hole
justifies no more precautions than that. My two cents.

Nevin