Re: Questions about 70 BGT

To: <miker15@juno.com>, <hoops@owt.com>
Subject: Re: Questions about 70 BGT
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 13:44:02 +1000
All,

>from Aluminium to steel is not documented except that it was sometime in
>autumn 1969 and  then its thought that there would have been a period of
>time where stocks of both were used - my GT is built 12/69 and the bonnet
>is steel

Interesting, my GT, 2/70 is Californian - 18GJ motor - and it has an
aluminium bonnet.

>California cars had more stuff than the rest f the US in late 69/70 but
>as far as i can see neither had the canister which came along in 71

My 1970 has all the emmisions gear. That includes Evaporative Loss Control,
Carburettor Crankcase Ventilation and Exhaust Emmissions Control. So yes, it
has a Charcoal canister. But as Mike says, CA cars were at odds with
everywhere else at the time.

Cheers,
Neil.