Re: Purging a shock of air

To: "Jones, Mark" <MJones@ngl.ca>
Subject: Re: Purging a shock of air
From: Eric Stephen <bk996@freenet.carleton.ca>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 12:36:05 -0500
Mark:  I had a similar problem (low fluid levels in the shock) and very little
resistance to "bounce".  I removed the shocks, filled them with fluid and moved
the lever arm up and down (shock held upright in a vice) for a considerable
period of time until I could no longer detect air bubbles rising.  There is also
a difference in the feel of the lever action and in the sound eminating from the
shock as the lever is moved up/down. An inexpensive "first try" suggestion
before you get into some serious replacement dollars.

--
Regards, Eric Stephen