DPO (was Help - Rostyle rim bent)

To: Eric Stephen <bk996@freenet.carleton.ca>
Subject: DPO (was Help - Rostyle rim bent)
From: Jurgen Hartwig <gt0003a@prism.gatech.edu>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 12:52:11 -0500

Eric Stephen wrote:

> I took the rubber off the rims last fall and blasted and re-painted
> them.  Went into the local tire shop (Ottawa, Ontario) to have the
> rubber remounted and everything balanced.  Shi*!  Wouldn't you know it,
> one of the Rostyles is somehow off centre (wobbles on the horizontal
> when spun) and it was likely the spare tire rim since the shop guy said
> there is no way I could have driven on that rim and not noticed
> something.  Dam* PO!!

Okay, so you had your wheels blasted and re-painted, and you didn't
check them for straightness, and you blame it on the PO.  I understand
your disdain, but it seems like you are blaming the PO, since it's most
convenient.  What if you had never touched the spare, and then you sold
the car?  The next owner bead blasts his wheels and finds the bent
spare.  Now, you're the DPO.  Sound fair.

Just defending SOME of the POs out there.

Jay