HIF-6 or HIF-44

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: HIF-6 or HIF-44
From: "g.cook" <litfuse@triton.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 10:48:49 -0500
I'm planning to change out my Zenith Stromberg carb to an SU HIF-6 which
I understand has the same bolt pattern as the ZS.  (No, I don't want to
mess with the dual carb conversion; it is illegal besides.)  Our
victorian friends (who must use gold plated shipping boxes) sell a
metric equivalent HIF-44 (44mm = approx. 1 3/4") for the application.  I
wasn't aware my B required metric anything.  Any reason HIF-44 is sold
by VB instead of HIF-6?  There was a posting a while back about the 44.
Any responses?  (Obligatory 56K content: I don't get it either.  But
that's ok, I go mess with my car while the files download.)