Re: MGA Master Cylinder ?

To: Steven R Schultz <SSchultz@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: MGA Master Cylinder ?
From: Art Pfenninger <ch155@freenet.buffalo.edu>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 10:44:07 -0500 (EST)
I had mine done at Apple and have had no problems with it at all. I don't
remember why I went with them instead of White Post, but I think it was
because they were cheaper including the shipping charge. For the small
extra charge of getting a complete rebuilt one vs buying the seals and
doing it yourself I don't think it is worth it. It seems like the cost was
only about $15 dollars. They will also give you an extra cap if you ask
and you may need it if you decide to pressure bleed the system. When you
reinstall it you will find it easier to attach the rear line before
bolting the unit down. Also YOU MUST adjust the brakes prior to bleading
the system. If you don't you won't be able to get a good petal. Before you
go to the expense of sending it out pull it apart while it is still in the
car and feel the inside. It maybe all right and only need new seals. This
work can easily be done with the master cylinder still in the car. One
last point there is a small seal that always sticks to the bottom of one
of the bores, I don't remember which off hand, but besure to probe around
and make sure that you replace it.
...Art