Re: Valve stem seals

To: Neil Cotty <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>
Subject: Re: Valve stem seals
From: Susan and John Roper <vscjohn@huntnet.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 14:02:34 -0600
Neal, probably different seals.  What you refer to a reinforcements are
probably retainers that keep the seal on the valve stem.  In the US these are
generic seals that are available to automotive machine shops sized by the
diameter of the valve stem and the od of the guide.  Some seals don't have the
metal spring type retainer, but most do.  John