Re: [BOUNCE mgs@Autox.Team.Net: Non-member submission from

To: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [BOUNCE mgs@Autox.Team.Net: Non-member submission from
From: Florrie & Allen Bachelder <bachldrs@swva.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 23:33:04 -0400
>     Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 08:48:24 -0600
>     From: Frank_Sperling@mercer.com
>     Subject: While the engine is pulled...
>
>     I've just rejoined the list after an 18 mo layoff and am glad to catch
>     up on what's up (a lot of familiar names still on the list!).
>
>     Anyway, I'm going to have my clutch replaced on my '79 B and, since
>     they have to pull the engine to accomplish this, are there any
>     suggestions on what else I should have my mechanic do while the engine
>     is out?  Car's got 97k on it, burns no oil, and leaves 1-2 drops of
>     oil on the ground each day.
>
>     Thanks.
>
>     Frank Sperling
>     '79B

Frank -

That's not much leaking... but I'll tempt fate here. Replace rear mainseal,
and if there is the slightest sign of leaking, this is a dandy time to
replace the side cover plate gaskets (tappet inspection covers) also.
Inspect the ring gear and replace if any sign of wear. Check for play in
clutch throw-out bearing fork, Also replace motor mounts.  ' Believe it's
the right front one that breaks on a lot of rubber-bumpered Bs.

Allen H. Bachelder  =iii=<
Sinking Creek Home for Wayward MGs
New Castle, VA 24127
USA