Re: Oil Leaks - Rear Main Seal/Tappet Covers

To: H4aardvrk@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oil Leaks - Rear Main Seal/Tappet Covers
From: REwald9535@aol.com
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 01:18:31 EST
Howard,
Where did this 50 Lbs of pressure number come from? (75-25).  My B's have
always run warm at about 70, so I checked my Bentley manual on page 49 it says
and I quote
"system pressure: running...... Between 50 and 80 lb./sq.in. (3.51 and 5.6
kg./cm2)"
My personal credo has always been when it comes to oil pressure more is
better.  When I built my last B motor it would peg the gauge cold.
Rick Ewald
67 MGB