Re: Oil pressure Q's

To: mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oil pressure Q's
From: REwald9535@aol.com
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 01:25:33 EST
Michael,
The oil pressure relief valve is to prevent too much pressure in the engine
when it is new and clearances are tight.  As the engine wears pressure leaks
out around the increased clearances of the mains and to a lesser extent the
rods.  Also oil pumps wear and produce less pressure as they get older.  So
most likely, a replacement relief valve won't improve your pressure.
Rick Ewald
67 MGB