Re: UM Tech Session

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: UM Tech Session
From: Chris Chandler <spawn@net-link.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 22:59:32 -0500
Nancy Preston wrote:

> I just got back from attending the University Motors 3 day mechanical
>>seminar and it was awesome.  I am a novice mechanic and new to MGs, but John
>>Twist has a very well designed seminar that was jam packed with a lot of
>>great information and plenty of opportunties for hands on participation.  I
>>highly recommend it to anyone; experienced or not.

Hi Nancy!

I was there too (as you know but those that didn't don't), and concur!
Lots of info you won't find anywhere else!  His technical manual, which
I believe he sells as well as distributes in his seminar, is well worth
whatever he asks for it.  His seminar is great not only in technical
aspects, but the evening discussions regarding MG and all the other
aspects such as clubs and memorabilia was also extremely informative.

To answer Lawrie's question about the U-Joint (asked before the
event)... John did it in 4 minutes 54 seconds.  He did it from an old
rusted MGA drive shaft he had out in his parts barn.  It was not prepped
in any way.  He had his tools laid out, but that was it.  It was
actually rather impressive.  I watched him do it and still don't think I
could manage in under 1/2 hour.

A great time!

--
Chris Chandler