Re: Grose Jets

To: Chris Chandler <spawn@net-link.net>
Subject: Re: Grose Jets
From: David Ambrose <stargazer1@home.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 22:00:36 -0800
Chris Chandler wrote:

> Has anyone tried these?  Are they worth it?  Or is it just another
> "hype" product that isn't worth the shipping cost?

        Some people swear by them, and some people swear at them.

        I've had Grose jets in my B for a long time. They work well, but
differently than the stock parts. Instead of sticking open, they stick
closed. For some reason, the rear carb on my B occaisionally sticks. A
couple of whacks to the carb bowl with a screwdriver handle and the
engine runs fine again.

        I switched to the Grose jets because I was having problems with the
stock valves sticking open. In retrospect, I'm pretty sure this was
either grit in the gas, or methanol in the fuel which was causing the
rubber in the needle valve to swell and quit sealing. The last set
looked like they had a different rubber so this may not be a problem
anymore.

        You may need to place a washer or two under the Grose Jets to bring
them up to the proper height. IIRC, these are included in the kit.

        Cheers,
        Dave Ambrose