Re: Grose Jets

To: dcouncil@imt.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Grose Jets
From: RJohn50603@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 23:02:53 EST
In a message dated 2/24/99 8:21:11 PM Central Standard Time, dcouncil@imt.net
writes:

<< >
 >Chris Chandler wrote:
 >>
 >> Has anyone tried these?  Are they worth it?  Or is it just another
 >> "hype" product that isn't worth the shipping cost?

 We have discussed grose jets before on this list (but it was probably a
 year or so ago).

 I go with the "hype". They were "revolutionary" as long as twenty years ago.
 But my experience is that they have moments when they do not work - I
 noticed, in particular, that if I didn't drive my car for a week or so,
 that as soon as I would start it after the layover, I would have float bowl
 overflow. One rap on the bowl with a wrench would fix it until the next
 time I let the car sit for more than a few days.

 The standard jets have a good rubber seal and they seem to work
 consistently. In fact since my last carb overhaul last year I have not had
 any fuel spill out of my float bowls with the standard jets. The grose jets
 that I replaced let gas overflow at least one incident (initial starting
 only) every couple of months.

 David
 71 BG >>

David,

I would concur, having run both. The stock soft viton seat is more reliable
(and forgiving).

R. Johnson - Dallas