Re: Gas Guage

To: "mg" <mgs@autox.team.net>, "Erik Brzoska" <mowog77@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Gas Guage
From: "Tom Wagner" <twagner@pdq.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 20:26:11 -0800
To All:

I want to Thank everyone for the suggestions
that came my way for the saga of the gas guage
not working, as it turns out it seems to be
a commom problem for me, in a new achronym
COS(Current Owner Supidity), when I rebuilt
my dash and repainted it, I must have put the
mounting bracket for the guage in upside down
as it was shorting out the 2 spade connectors that
attach to the guage itself, thus making the guage
not reading anything.

I took the guage apart in an effort to see if the insides
could be taken apart and that is when I noticed that
the bracket was in backwards.

So I wanted to Thnak everyone who came to my rescue
for all of the suggestions that there might be a ground
problem and in retrospect I guess there was a ground problem
between my brain and the guage bracket.

So Thanks again for all the suggestions.

Tom Wagner
67 MGB
72 TR 6