MGA + Purpose + Attitude = MPV

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGA + Purpose + Attitude = MPV
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 21:28:23
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Today was the big date for the all British swap meet at DuPage County
Fairgrounds in Wheaton, Illinois.  I no longer have the flatbed trailer (or
any vehicle large enough to tow it anyway), or the pickup truck (after
ex-prospective son-in-law totaled it), but I still have need to move a few
things occasionally.  So today, to get things to the swap meet, my MGA was
carrying:

  2  Adult people
  3  Complete gearboxes
  1  Engine block & rear plate
  2  Flywheel & clutch assy's
  2  Driveshafts
  1  Transmission jack adapter
  1  Set SU carbs & intake manifold
  1  Weber DCOE carb & manifold
  2  Boxes misc trans & engine parts

and other assorted sundries.  Fortunately the complete spare MGA engine
with flywheel and clutch was sold five minutes prior to departure to the
swap meet, or the picture may have been even more amusing.  That item was
loaded into the back of a Jeep Cherokee, went only as far as the car park
at the swap meet (before heading to it's new home in an Elva vintage race
car), but still attracted its fair share of attention.

To ease anyone's anxiety, no we didn't crush the MG with all that stuff.
The MGA was carrying it all in the little fiberglass luggage trailer, and I
have to admit, it was likely the largest load ever carried there or being
towed with this car.  Several hundred pounds, no problem, POC and all that.
 Unfortunately, most of the same stuff also came back from the swap meet,
so it was a two way tow.  So, I may post some of this stuff for sale on the
autojumble list and/or on my website in the near future.

The all British swap meet was a big success (as usual), vendor spaces count
in the mid 70s, paying spectators/customers numbering several hundred,
great deals all over the place, and I got to meet a few more of our list
friends.  Didn't sell everything I wanted to, but at least the revenues
exceeded the expenses, so this could get to be a habit.  Y'all come back
next year.

Regards,

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude