spec charts and color chart with actual car photos

To: "MG's" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: spec charts and color chart with actual car photos
From: "Paul Tegler " <wizardz@amdyne.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 10:01:18 -0500
Hey folks....

    I believe as a group, we have the capabilities and knowledge base
to produce some really useful info here. I believe we could really promote
our hobby, by condensing some of the info we have all individually
aquired over the years. We could put it up on the web for all to use.
(hey... maybe there's even a book there ....   yeah right!  :-)   )

anyway.....    I'm trying to put together a couple of charts... I believe
everyone here would find useful.

        The first being a paint color chart   (yeah.. I know they are
already out there) with  ACTUAL PHOTOS of cars painted the
colors that are in the chart  listings.  everyones browser looks alittle
different, but good photos would still show the difference in the
colors.
        I have quite a few good photos of some of the more common
colors.....
and I am requesting your help in finding the rest.
        If all of you could, please e-mail me either links to good photos of
the colors
or photos of your vehicles specifically, and include the accurate color name
in the e-mail.  I am trying to keep all the photos as 3/4 frontal
views if possible. I'm looking for pictures in good bright light
that makes it easy to see the difference in the colors between each photo.
When viewing all the reds for instance, if the photo isn't clear, the subtle
color variations can't be seem that easily from photo to photo.

          Another chart  I've been working on cross-references by YEAR/MODEL
all the specs I can find regarding which CAM goes with which distributor,
that
has which vacuum advance unit attached with the ignition specs. with which
carb's and which needles. etc etc etc
        The first table will be stock specs. Then I want to put together a
table that
represents what combinations of these specs work best - that is to say
what are we all really running here.

       I know these are the kind of info sources I"VE always been trying to
find on
the net/ books etc.... and nothing like this exists. I think it would be
really great if we ,
the List as  as a group, could produce such info pages, collectively taking
the credit,
generating something really useful from our collective wisdom of the
ages.and to
promote this List group as a whole, by producing something of value to hobby
for
the rest of the MG lover's out there.

..how about it.   Anyone interested in helping?  I have plenty of web space.
I'd love to have the color photo page, actaully be a links page to the
owner's of the
color photo, whether it be a web site, a club or just e-mail.

        The spec charts would be a boon to every club out there. I'd like to
see every
club post copies. The more sources of CORRECT  info we can get out there,
the greater
likelyhood, we'll see more of these cars survive, (less frustrated owners
trashing them
on purpose or by accident.)

Paul Tegler
Twin 73' MGB GTs YB and OB
YB born 8/72 (Primrose Yellow) Yellow BGT
OB born 1/73 (Blaze Red) Orange BGT
email: wizardz@amdyne.net
http://www.amdyne.net/~ptegler/mgmain.htm