Woody is calling again

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Woody is calling again
From: Bill Saidel <saidel@crab.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 1999 11:56:43 -0500
I am looking to the wisdom of the list. After not starting my year old '76B
since November, my blood has begun to boil and it is time. I had the
battery recharged, rehooked it to the car, and turned the key. My newly
installed radio worked right. (Thanks to the list, of course.) The gas pump
and the lights went on appropriately, but Woody the woodpecker made a
horrid noise under the hood.

The starting motor or the solenoid is fairly sick.

My questions:
Why would a layoff of 3 months lead to a problem not encountered last year?
How does one tell the difference between a sick solenoid or a sick starter?

Starting was not one of the problems I encountered last year.

TIA,

Bill
Dr. Bill Saidel
Assoc. Prof.                      Vocal phone   (609) 225-6336
Department of Biology             FAX  (609) 225-6312
Science Building                  email:  saidel@crab.rutgers.edu
315 Penn St.
Camden, NJ 08102 -1411
http://crab.rutgers.edu/~saidel/saidel.html

"Between the approximation of the idea and the precision
of reality, there is a small gap of the unimaginable."
Milan Kundera - "The Unbearable Lightness of Being"